Raspberry Pi Robots – Basic Motor Control – Episode 1
Robots… Robots… Robots… Everyone loves robots. Not a single person doesn’t. Fact. They are awesome. And I’m going to teach you how to make your first one! That makes me awesome too!
Welcome to Episode 1 of my latest Raspberry Pi Robots series! In this video I will show you how to control a robot wirelessly from a different computer. By the end of this video you will understand a Python program and be able to make your Pi2Go-lite move! Watch the above for all of the details.
INFORMATION (Chronologically of course):
Previous episode (Introductory one!): http://youtu.be/_hDy9WY5UM0
My USB WiFi dongle from The Pi Hut: http://thepihut.com/products/usb-wifi-adapter-for-the-raspberry-pi
List of compatible USB WiFi dongles: http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters
PuTTY download from here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
1) Boot to the desktop with the command: startx
2) Download the code with the command: git clone https://github.com/the-raspberry-pi-guy/robot
3) Download Python package to ensure the libraries all work!: sudo apt-get install python-smbus
4) Navigate into the correct directory with the command: cd robot/pi2go
5) Look at the program with the command: nano motor.py
6) RUN the program with the command: sudo python motor.py
Thank you for watching! Make sure you stay tuned by subscribing! Don’t forget to like, share and comment!
The Raspberry Pi Guy
Y U NO SUBSCRIBE?!